Terms of Membership of the Fort Collins Pickleball Club (“the Club”)
Updated: Sept. 27, 2018
- I agree to be a good sport and treat other players with respect regardless of their ability.
- I agree to be respectful of the courts I play on and will leave them in as good as or better condition as I found them.
- I will try to help build the Fort Collins Pickleball Community by encouraging new players to join the Club and volunteering when I have time and my skills match the need.
- I agree that if I have a complaint about something related to pickleball, I’ll look at the issue from multiple perspectives and then give my feedback to the Club in a courteous manner.
- I understand that if I don’t follow these terms, my membership in the Club can be revoked by a vote of the Board of Directors and my dues will be refunded.
- I understand that by joining the Club I agree to the following waiver.
RELEASE, CONVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Assumption of Risk – Participation in the Fort Collins Pickleball Club activities (“Activities”) carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks vary but may without limitation include 1) minor injuries such as bruises, sprains and dehydration, 2) major injuries such as eye injuries, dental injuries, joint, bone or back injuries, heat stroke, heart attacks, and concussions, and 3) catastrophic injuries such as paralysis and death. I have read the above paragraph, and I know, understand, and have been advised of these and other potential risks that are inherent in playing Pickleball and in attending Pickleball activities.
I assert that my participation in these activities is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks.
Waiver – In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Fort Collins Pickleball Club activities, I, for myself, my heirs, or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Fort Collins Pickleball Club, its officers, employees, and agents, either individually or severally, from liability for any and all claims for accident resulting in property loss, personal injury, illness, or death arising from my participation in the Activities.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless – I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Fort Collins Pickleball Club from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in Activities. Use Permission – I give the Fort Collins Pickleball Club, its agents, and designee’s permission to use or distribute, without limitation or obligation, my image, name, voice, and words for any purpose connected with the Activities, including promotional, marketing, training, informational, and archival uses.